Broken or chipped teeth can cause discomfort and pain for many patients. It is important to fix a chipped tooth to prevent any further damage. Chipped teeth can happen to any patient at any time. Dr. Maria Benefield and Dr. Alan Weinstein are experienced dentists in Atlanta, GA, committed to helping patients improve their smile. Under the care of experienced dentists, your chipped tooth will be restored in no time.
Causes of Chipped Teeth
- Sports accidents
- Hitting a tooth
- Weakened tooth
- Poor oral hygiene
- Biting hard foods
At Sandy Springs Restorative and General Dentistry, Dr. Benefield and Dr. Weinstein have experience treating patients with chipped teeth. They will examine the chipped tooth and determine which cosmetic procedure will help give patients a natural looking, functional solution. Dr. Benfield and Dr. Weinstein recommend that patients receive treatment for their chipped teeth in a timely manner. Chipped teeth may affect each patient differently and can cause an onset of dental issues at any given time, including:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Tooth loss
- Damage to the tooth enamel
- Overall discomfort if a nerve is exposed
Treatment for Chipped Teeth
If you have chipped a tooth, no need to panic. Dr. Benefield and Dr. Weinstein offer a range of treatment options in the comfort of their Atlanta, GA dental office. After a thorough examination of the chipped tooth, they will make an informed decision on which treatment will work best for your needs. At Sandy Springs Restorative and General Dentistry, we offer:
- Dental Bonding: A composite resin material will be bonded onto the chipped tooth. The bonding material can be shaped and color matched to blend seamlessly with your existing teeth. With proper care and maintenance, your dental bonding can last for years.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are a thin porcelain material that is attached to the surface of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are a great option for patients with cracked, chipped or discolored teeth. Our dentists suggest the use of porcelain material because it can provide a natural looking solution to your dental needs.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns function like your natural tooth. They can be applied after a root canal to ensure your tooth stays protected and functional.
Chipped teeth can be repaired with the help of an experienced dentist. Dr. Benefield and Dr. Weinstein will work with you so you can get the treatment he needs.
Schedule a Visit to Sandy Springs Restorative and General Dentistry in Atlanta, GA
If you have a chipped tooth and need treatments, visit our Atlanta dental office for the treatment you need. You can schedule an appointment online or call (404) 445-1104