Sandy Springs dentist Dr. Maria Benefield and Dr. Alan Weinstein offer patients a range of choices for the replacement of missing teeth. Dentures and partial dentures are traditional tooth replacement options that have been vastly improved with advanced materials and techniques, offering natural looking results that restore a functional smile.
Types Of Dentures
Generally speaking, there are two basic types of dentures:
- Partial dentures: a partial denture is used to replace several consecutive missing teeth.
- Full dentures: a full denture replaces an entire upper or lower arch of teeth.
Both types of dentures can be either removable or fixed using adjacent teeth or dental implants as anchors to keep them in place. Whenever possible, Drs. Benefield and Weinstein will recommend the use of implant secured dentures for the most comfortable and secure result. She can replace your poor fitting denture with a cosmetic denture that is secured with as few as four dental implants for a permanent result that looks and feels natural.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
Implant supported dentures have a 95% or better success rate and equally high level of patient satisfaction. While this option does require a greater initial investment compared to alternatives like removable dentures or bridges, implant dentures offer the best long term benefits:
- Supports bone retention for better overall dental health
- Restores normal chewing function and enables a varied, healthy diet
- Allows patient to speak and smile naturally and comfortably
- No daily maintenance- no glues, adhesives, soaks or rinses.
Schedule A Consultation
If you have missing teeth, schedule a consultation with Dr. Maria Benefield or Dr. Alan Weinstein to discuss your unique concerns and treatment options. Dr. Benefield will thoroughly evaluate your dental health and offer tooth replacement options best suited to your goals and budget. Contact our office in Sandy Springs, GA at (404) 445-1104 or use our online request form and we will get back with you shortly.